LEVIATHAN

Lovers of Entertainment featuring Various Insurrections of the Abyss Told as Hydrographic Adventure Narratives

Monday, September 04, 2006

LEVIATHAN Tragedy

Croc Hunter Killed by Stingray: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/arts/AP-Obit-Irwin.html?hp&ex=1157428800&en=293eb64b37bc8e79&ei=5094&partner=homepage

I proposoe we watch one of his sharkumentaries in hommage. I loved this guy.
(And thanks to a fellow non-ocean blogger for bringing this story to my attention. There's some intertextuality for you, LadyZ.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lady Z said...

I just posted my obit in my LiveJournal. I'm the first to admit that it was difficult for me to watch his shows without yelling at the screen, "Oh you are SO going to get it one day, Steve!" but that doesn't mean I'm happy now that he has.

In fact, I'm pretty fucking sad.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Zak said...

I am torn between sadness for the loss of a fellow traveller (although Irwin was a bit of a dilettante in ocean matters) and a sense of solidarity with the deadly beasties.

Perhaps it is the fate of the Leviather to be tossed in the seas of such ambivalence. Truly, it is a treacherous course we all must sail.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home