LEVIATHAN

Lovers of Entertainment featuring Various Insurrections of the Abyss Told as Hydrographic Adventure Narratives

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Steve Irwin was only the first...

JUMPING STINGRAY STABS U.S. BOATER, claims the Beeb:

"US officials say they are shocked at the attack on Mr Bertakis.
"It was a freak accident," David Donzella, acting fire chief in Mr Bertakis' hometown of Lighthouse Point, was quoted as saying by the Associated Press news agency.
"It's very odd that the thing jumped out of the water and stung him. We still can't believe it," he said.

You'd better believe it; stingrays hate freedom!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6066862.stm

2 Comments:

Blogger Lady Z said...

So what's the next step in the War on Stingrays -- do we have to throw out all our shampoo and stock up on duct tape or something?

Can someone get Michael Chertoff on the line? I feel afraid.

2:24 PM  
Blogger C. Q. Cumber said...

I think there is a sting ray in my bathtub. I am afraid to go in there. I think it jumped in from the Pocanuxnentquamicut River this weekend.

Do you think I should harpoon it?

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home